episode 50: why choosing a specific niche will expand your business with Sara Lyon
Why she’s amazing:
Sara founded Glow Birth & Body in 2010 as a childbirth educator, doula and massage therapist. The mission of Glow is to empower more women to feel good in their bodies during pregnancy and receive the support they need to achieve a fulfilling, non-traumatic birth experience.
Nearly 10,000 clients later, Glow continues to thrive as the preeminent prenatal massage source in the Bay Area. And Sara’s latest venture, The Birth Deck, is a compilation of 50 super effective comfort techniques for childbirth housed in a deck of cards and mobile app.
In our conversation, she shares:
- How she structured her business so that it could basically run itself and so that she can be bi-coastal
- What led her to study massage therapy, women’s health, and birth in the first place and why she moved to Australia for 5 years to deepen her education
- The role collaboration and partnerships played in the initial traction and growth of her business and the role they play today
- Why she recommends narrowing the focus of your business and the reasons it sets you up for success
- Her top 3 tips for building referral partnerships with other wellness practitioners
- And so much more!
- Glow Birth & Body’s Website
- Glow Birth & Body’s Instagram
- Glow Birth & Body’s Facebook
- Glow Birth & Body’s Twitter
- Glow Birth & Body’s Pinterest
- The Birth Deck’s Website
- The Birth Deck’s Instagram
- The Birth Deck’s Facebook
- The Birth Deck’s Youtube
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
To celebrate the 50th episode, I’m doing a very special giveaway. When you write a review for the Brand Yourself podcast on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app of choice by November 28th, you’ll be entered to win a 30-minute brand clarity session with me. Important note: include #BrandYourself50 and your Instagram handle in the review.
The winner will be announced on November 30, 2018.