episode 202: the beauty of becoming whole in your work with Molly Nourmand
Molly Nourmand is a psychotherapist, yogini, and mother. Her multilayered lens brings healing, integration, and transformation to the lives of birthing people through 1:1 work, support circles and retreats.
Her approach is grounded in Psychodynamic Theory and informed by over a decade of teaching yoga and meditation, as well as an ongoing exploration of Somatic Experiencing. She received a Master of Arts degree in Counseling Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute.
Prior to specializing in perinatal mental health, Molly’s early career as a psychotherapist was spent at drug and alcohol rehabs. At Promises Treatment Center she was the Director of the monthly Family Intensive Program.
Molly’s initiation into motherhood birthed a new career path for her. She completed the Advanced Perinatal Mental Health Psychotherapy training with Postpartum Support International and has translated her passion into a specialty in her practice. She created Life After Birth® in 2017 to hold birthing people through their metamorphosis into parenthood.
We chat about:
- Why she was drawn to psychotherapy from a young age and what it looked like for her to take a detour into yoga teaching before she officially became a therapist
- What inspired her to start Life After Birth after becoming a mom, and how she approached getting her first local mom circle started in LA
- What it was like to have no one sign up for her events in the beginning, why she showed up and stayed committed anyway, and how she turned it into a thriving business
- The old school way she approached marketing in those early stages, how she pivoted to an online offering during the pandemic, and how things have evolved since
- Her biggest recommendations for leading a group and holding a safe, non-judgmental space that creates room for everyone to be self-expressed
- And so much more!
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.