episode 61: letting curiosity be your guide with Katie Horwitch
Why she’s amazing:
Katie is a writer, speaker, and the founder of WANT: Women Against Negative Talk – a platform that gives women tips, tools, motivation, and inspiration to move forward in their lives by shifting their negative self-talk patterns.
She brings to the table over a decade of experience in the wellness lifestyle editorial space, and almost two decades in public speaking and performance.
She has spoken across the country – from SXSW to body-positive pageants – about self-confidence and self-image, and is the host of the WANTcast: The Women Against Negative Talk Podcast, where she interviews visionary women about moving forward fearlessly and taking a pragmatic, proactive approach to positivity.
Katie was a founding editor of The Chalkboard Mag, and has been featured in publications such as mindbodygreen, Darling Magazine, xoJane, and more.
In our conversation, she shares:
- How she broke into the wellness industry back in 2005 and the bold move she made to get her first freelance gig
- Her evolution from actor, freelance writer, and blogger to becoming one of the founding editors of Chalkboard Mag and then launching her own business
- The moment she realized the impact of negative self-talk and what she calls “casual negativity”, and what inspired her to ultimately turn it into her mission + platform
- How she built a highly engaged audience and the role being clear in her message and her content played in her gaining traction
The way she honored her vision for her business and created a brand that breaks the traditional mold of wellness brand design, look, and feel
What she does to keep herself from getting caught in comparison in entrepreneurship
And so much more!
- Katie’s Website
- Katie’s Newsletter, The Good Word
- Katie’s Instagram
- Katie’s Facebook
- Katie’s Twitter
- Katie’s Podcast
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.