Africa Brooke is a globally recognized consultant, mentor, speaker, and writer who specializes in helping people in and out of the public eye move through self-censorship, and other forms of self-sabotage.
Her work takes a close look at the complexity, mess, and glory that is the human experience, and she makes a strong case for why we need to accept discomfort as an essential part of the growth process.
Oh my goodness, I could not be more excited to have this incredible woman on the show. I came across Africa and her work back in 2020 – and was instantly drawn to her message and position on authentic self-expression.
Her posts on Instagram have resonated with me deeply ever since, and having her on the show is a dream of mine.
If you don’t already follow her work, do it immediately – her IG handle is @africabrooke.
She is such a powerful, kind, brilliant leader, and I can’t wait for you to sink into our conversation today.
We chat about:
- How her sobriety journey awakened her to a passion for researching and understanding self-sabotage, and ultimately led her to become a mentor and coach who specializes in freeing people from it
- What it looked like for her to start taking on clients in the very beginning and how her company steadily grew into what she does full time
- Why 2020 was the year she both solidified her message and strengthened her voice – all of which helped her business explode with growth
- How she became so anchored in herself and her truth and why it has given her a deep confidence to speak about big political and social topics
- Her biggest recommendations for how to avoid self-censorship and self-sabotage in your own business – and how doing so ultimately empowers you to make your unique mark
- The structure and spaciousness she has created in her life to avoid burnout and allow play, relationships, and health be the top priority
- And so much more!
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.