Why she’s amazing:
As co-creator of the Oscar-nominated documentary Super-Size Me, and highly-sought-after wellness expert for thousands, Alexandra Jamieson has made it her mission to empower women to create epic lives–by honoring their cravings and kicking body shame to the curb. She is the creator of Her Rules Radio, a #1 rated podcast on iTunes where listeners from around the world are educated and captivated by thought-provoking interviews on wellness, cravings, sexuality, and more.
Her work has been praised and adored by Oprah, The Today Show, Dr. Oz, Goop, Martha Stewart Living, the New York Times, People amongst many others. As a life-long learner, her wellness expertise has grown out of a decade of experience, as well as her education at the Natural Gourmet Institute, the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, and a certification in Applied Positive Psychology.
Alex and I have known each other for years and back in 2016, she hired me to write her website copy. It was such an honor to help bring her rebrand to life, and to this day she always inspires me with her approach to business. Needless to say, I was so excited to have her on the show and can’t wait for you to listen in on our conversation today.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- How growing up with hippie parents played a role in not only her pursuit of health and wellbeing but also in her entrepreneurial spirit
- How she went from popping Advil and drinking loads of caffeine in her early 20’s to discovering the power of a plant-based diet that changed her life
- Why she pursued a career in health coaching and the smartest decision she made in creating her very first website
- The moment she and her former husband came up with the idea for SuperSize Me and what her life was like when it became a global sensation
- What happened when she made a huge shift in her business and how she moved through a mega backlash from the vegan community
- Why she always has a mentor or makes it a priority to invest in a mastermind with other female entrepreneurs
- Her current business model and so much more!
- Alex’s Website
- Alex’s Podcast: Her Rules Radio
- Alex’s Coaching Programs
- Women, Food & Desire
- Alex’s Instagram
- Alex’s Facebook
- Alex’s Twitter
- Super Size Me
- Blog Post: I’m Not Vegan Anymore
- Lisa Fabrega
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- The Natural Gourmet Institute
- Positive Psychology
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.