episode 148: how to be a humanitarian and an entrepreneur with Peggy Robinson
Peggy Robinson is a holistic health care provider with over two decades of clinical experience who uses her expertise in ethnobotany, herbal medicine and acupuncture to heal, educate and empower patients around the world. She is the co-founder of Cornerstone Healing, a Brooklyn-based private practice.
Inspired by her Haitian heritage and upbringing, Peggy is deeply committed to integrating activism into her work. Her passion for human rights has motivated her to develop health care programs and treatments that address the needs of underserved communities and populations.
She is a dedicated member, facilitator, and trainer for Acupuncturist Without Borders where she trains acupuncturists to cultivate relief efforts worldwide. Most recently, Peggy was awarded the Leah K. Frazier Award, a highly distinguished honor given to individuals demonstrating a relentless commitment to global service.
So, if you couldn’t already tell, Peggy is an incredible human being with a massive heart and drive to be of service. I’ve been following her and her work on Instagram for years and am so excited for you to get to know her today.
We chat about:
- What it was like to come from a family of traditional medical practitioners who were also connected to a long lineage of natural herbal remedies
- Why being immersed in this space was the first clue that she wanted to help people with their health and wellbeing
- Her journey exploring activism, public interests, and law school— and why her decision to take a year off awoke her to her true calling as an acupuncturist
- What it was like to receive push back from her parents when she pivoted her career— and why she stayed true to herself anyway
- The serendipitous story of how she and her longtime co-founder decided to go into business together, found their brick & mortar space, and grew their roster of regular clients
- What it’s been like to honor her calling as a humanitarian, the incredible work she’s done to help people in developing countries, and how she’s integrated all of who she is into her personal brand
- And so much more!
- Peggy’s Website
- Peggy’s Instagram
- Cornerstone Healing
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.