episode 20: finding peace in the highs and lows of entrepreneurship with Candice Kumai
Why she rocks:
Candice is an internationally-renowned wellness writer, chef, and content creator described by ELLE magazine as “The Golden Girl of the Wellness World.” Candice sits on The Well+Good Council and was recently named one of Arianna Huffington’s “Top 20 New Role Models in 2017.”
Born and raised in California to a Japanese mother and a Polish-American father, she grew up in a mixed culture home – celebrating Japanese traditions & cuisine from a young age and honing a cosmopolitan perspective that continues to inspire her work today. She is a classically trained chef, former line cook, former tv host, former-model-turned wellness journalist, & five-time, best-selling author.
Candice contributes to numerous, national wellness & lifestyle publications including ELLE, Cosmopolitan, Bon Appétit, Shape, Yoga Journal, Men’s Journal, Wall Street Journal, Well+Good, Pop Sugar, Girlboss, and Byrdie. A Top Chef alumni, Candice has appeared as a regular judge on Iron Chef America & Beat Bobby Flay.
In this episode, you’ll discover:
- Her journey from TV personality to food writer to author to Brand Ambassador and how she built her wellness empire
- How she became a regular contributing writer to print and online magazines like Girl Boss, Shape, Men’s Fitness, Well & Good
- Why she believes both kindness and collaboration have played a key role in the growth and reach of her platform
- The fresh new direction she’s taking with her brand and content, and the role her heritage and honoring her truth has played in that pivot
- Why a breakup was a source of inspiration for her latest book, Kintsugi Wellness, which focuses on the Japanese tradition of golden repair and she explains the beautiful details of this
- What she’s most recently been struggling with in her business and how she is moving through it with grace
- And so much more!
- Candice’s New Book Kintsugi Wellness
- Candice’s Website
- Candice’s Instagram
- Candice’s Facebook
- Candice’s Twitter
- Girl Boss Article
- Clean Green Eats
- Clean Green Drinks
- Pretty Delicious
- Cook Yourself Sexy
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.