Why she’s amazing:
Liz is a longtime writer, editor, and healthy recipe developer, who formerly served as the food director of the leading wellness website mindbodygreen. She is the author of the two healthy cookbooks: Healthier Together and Glow Pops.
And she hosts the acclaimed podcast Healthier Together, where she explores the secrets of living extraordinary lives with some of the country’s most notable women. Her work has been featured in goop, Vogue, Women’s Health, and many more.
As you’ll hear in the episode, Liz is a total go-getter who has built a career on her tenacity and genuine desire to help others. She shares so many amazing nuggets of entrepreneurial wisdom with us— that I know you’ll be taking lots of notes. So, get ready.
In our conversation, we dive into:
- Why quitting her full-time job to write her first novel many years ago was the catalyst to her falling down the wellness industry rabbit hole and overcoming some of her biggest health issues
- Why this journey inspired her to shift her writing career into the world of wellness and the massive growth she experienced, specifically as a cookbook author and a leader at one of the most well-known media companies in the industry
- Her insider tips for exactly how to pitch an editor so that you’re more likely to get a yes—fair warning: this is really good place to start taking notes
- How she juggled a demanding role at MBG while also growing her blog, starting a podcast, writing a book, and more, and how she gracefully transitioned into entrepreneurship full time
- Why she says it’s so important to build genuine relationships and not approach networking in a transactional fashion—could not agree more!
- Why her motto is to never say no to yourself, and how that mindset has empowered her to fearlessly pursue everything she wants
And so much more!
- Liz’s Website
- Liz’s Instagram
- Liz’s Facebook
- Liz’s Pinterest
- Liz’s Twitter
- Liz’s New Cookbook, Healthier Together
- Liz’s Podcast, Healthier Together
- Where to Next See Liz on the Healthier Together Book Tour
- Sign Up for Liz’s Newsletter Here!
If you’re someone who struggles to communicate what you do in a crystal-clear way. Or you have no idea how to grab the attention of potential clients. I got you.
The only way to do all of the above is to nail your brand’s message AND develop the #1 skill you need to become a great marketer: copywriting.
Copy is the thing that captivates. It’s the words you use in conversation and on the pages of your site that make people lean in.
And when it’s not done well, and when you don’t feel clear yourself, it becomes impossible to bridge that gap between you and the people you want to serve.
That’s why I created my copywriting self-study course Copywriting 101. To help you learn everything that goes into writing words that capture the hearts and eyeballs of the people you want to reach.
And it’s just $99.
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.