episode 104: letting life lead you to your purpose with Jenny Sansouci
Jenny Sansouci is the author of The Rebel’s Apothecary: A Practical Guide To The Healing Magic of Cannabis, CBD, and Mushrooms. She’s a certified Health Coach and creator of the wellness blog Healthy Crush, where she’s been writing since 2008. Jenny is a graduate of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and has been trained by functional medicine doctor Frank Lipman, MD in New York City. She is based in Brooklyn, New York.
Jenny and I have known each other since 2011 when I started working at IIN. And we became friends through IIN’s Ambassador/Affiliate program— something that was a core part of my job there.
I remember feeling so in awe of the life she’d created for herself, blogging fulltime and living with so much freedom. Ever since, I’ve watched her grow and expand and deepen her love for plants and their medicinal magic. I was so incredibly moved by her relationship with her dad and how she’s showed up for him as he’s navigated Pancreatic cancer.
In the episode, she shares:
- How she got her start blogging before it was even a thing— and what inspired her to shift from sharing her personal life to creating a platform devoted to wellness
- Her secret strategy to not only monetizing her blog, but optimizing SEO so it showed up on the first page in Google
- How she leveraged affiliate commissions and advertising to fund her blog and earn enough to leave her full-time job
- What it was like to travel the world as a digital nomad, how she made it happen, and why she’s spent the last few years more grounded and close to home
- Why her dad’s stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis was a huge turning point for her not only personally but professionally
- How her deep desire to help her dad led her to study CBD, Cannabis, and medicinal mushrooms and applied them to her father’s treatment plan
- And so much more!
- Jenny’s website, Healthy Crush
- Jenny’s Book, The Rebel’s Apothecary
- Jenny’s Instagram
- The Institute for Integrative Nutrition
Loved this episode? Show it some love.
I’d be so grateful if you subscribed on iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast app and left a review. The more reviews we have, the more likely fellow female entrepreneurs are to find these powerful interviews and get the insights they need to move their businesses forward.